My humble abode: approx. 1000 square foot, 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom, 1950s rowhouse, lots of windows, original beautiful hardwood floors, open main level (kitchen, dining room, living room), full unfinished basement, 20X20 sea-of-dirt blank slate backyard dominated by a 50 year-old oak(?) tree.
Since I moved in last October I've painted most of the rooms, bought a wack of cheap ikea/sears furniture (and a couple of nicer pieces) and put up the most gorgeous eaves troughs/soffits on the whole street. Seriously, they're gorgeous, I can't believe someone hasn't stolen them yet.
So, as of now, I still have a couple thing that need to be done:
- backyard: new fence, gate, deck, cobble/flag stone path, garden shed, lots of shade-loving plants
- dining room: turn window facing backyard into French doors
- kitchen: tear out and replace cabinets, new counter tops, replace backdoor with window(?), install small banquet(?), relocate refrigerator, replace sink, put in lino floors
- bathroom: replace medicine cabinet, new sink/counter, new toilet, new door on wall storage, put in lino floors
- basement: convert to manlair (carpet/underlay), replace crapped-out windows
- frontyard: repair/replace front door, add soil to improve grade, fix cement steps, add plants, new address sign, new light fixture
Dear lord, look at that bloody list! Why did I think it would be a good idea to write it all out like that?! Excuse me while I go hyperventilate.