Wednesday, July 25, 2007

29 is gonna be a good year.

My sweet RW already got the jump on my birthday gifts this year by paying for the ironing board I was drooling on at Zellers the other day. I'm utterly enchanted with this item despite a complete loathing of the actual act of ironing. Ironic eh? It replaces the sad, useless and horrible tabletop mini board I've been fighting with for the last 6-odd years. My hate-hate relationship with ironing is probably why I never bothered to replace it ages ago.

Anyway, having bought my first house last October I find almost everything I covet these days is of a domestic nature. So, for those of you who haven't already bought me Home Depot or Canadian Tire gift cards, here's a little inspirational list complete with handy pictures and links. And remember, teaming up for larger purchases is encouraged.


Composter from Canadian Tire. I'll even leave the plastic bags out. PinQy Fire Extinquisher. Safe and too cute for words.
Freezer from Sears. Bulk storage for raw food for the spoiled mutts.
Ikea PS cabinet - in red. Bulk storage for the soon-to-be-expanded CD collection.
Opus Exhibition Canvas size 48X96. I have a plan. A big painted plan.

Victorinox Kitchen Knives. Drool.

I think that's a good start. Don't worry, I'm sure I'll have more ideas before my birthday. In August.