Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Caving into the (MCM) craving.

I spotted this ugly ducking rosewood chair on Craigslist the other day and was completely waffling over whether to get it or not.


We're a little on the (more than usual) shady side of broke these days what with paying mortgages on two houses while we make sacrifices to the pagan gods to get a decent offer on RW's townhouse. But I really loved the lines and plus I could hear my mother's voice in my head telling me that it was a good price and I'd regret not getting it later. So, of course I gave in to the voice of maternal wisdom and this little sucker will be delivered tonight.

Now I get to troll around looking for some fabric to recover it in the style to which I wish it to become accustomed.

I saw this great Ikea fabric the other day posted on Door Sixteen. The print is much bigger and nicer in reality. It's a little crazier than I normally go for but I think the colours would work great with my living room. I also really like the idea of a simpler pattern, similar to this classic Eames dot print, but maybe in grey:

Or maybe just no pattern at all but something like a natural or cocoa-coloured rough linen/hemp.

Hmmm, before I get too carried away, I'm going back to crossing my fingers that my Craigslist luck holds and nothing is wrong with the chair.