Friday, July 27, 2007

Mid century moderate.

So, I've been trying to come up with some non-Ikea solutions to my living room seating shortage. It may be just me but there seems to be a real dearth of attractive and comfortable seating and, despite my best efforts to look elsewhere, I find myself coming back to mid-century pieces again and again.

Of course, they tend to be pricey little buggers too which just kills my Scottish Virgo tendancies. As well, although I do love MCM and Danish furniture design I'm not quite as ga-ga over it as everyone else seems to be these days. I think there are a couple of reasons I feel this way:

  1. it's getting a little "been done"
  2. a couple of pieces are ok but it is possible to get too much of a good thing
  3. though aesthetically appealing, many pieces don't look like furniture you want to hang out on curled up with a good book on a rainy day.

So, I need some opinions. Do these lovely seats from the very cool Found Design (the Ottawa source for all things MCM) look like something you'd enjoy hanging out in having a bevy or two?